We've had the privilege to run Samurai Siege for the past 6 years and see it grow and mature alongside this wonderful community. A lot of effort and dedication was put into this game by everyone that's worked in it over the years, but also by you who played countless hours and contributed with lots of feedback, suggestions, and kind words. We're eternally grateful for your support and commitment to Samurai Siege.
Unfortunately, all games have a life cycle and Samurai Siege is no exception. It will soon be time for the sun to set in the Bamboo Valley. As a team, we feel the game has reached maturity for some time now and so we've made the decision to end it on a high note. Collaborating with the community to bring back beloved troops and events, shifting our focus from the balance of the game somewhat to allow for a fun time before the end.
With this, we want to inform everyone that the game servers will be closed on August 5th, but until then the game will run with only a few changes. We will remove the game from the store one week prior to the server's closure, if you wish to continue playing and enjoy the events we have prepared for this farewell, please ensure to keep it installed as it won't be available for download after July 27th.
- The Siege Team
Purchases and Video Ads
We will be turning off all sources of revenue on Wednesday, May 6th. These are the Special Bundles, premium items in the "Treasure" menu (Diamond and Onyx in-app purchases), and the video ads.
To fill the gap of removing those and for your enjoyment:
- The bonus troops previously available in the Bundles are for sale in the Ingot Market. We've raised the caps for IM Epic and Legendary camps so you will now be able to purchase 2 of each.
- The bonus troops from the video ads were added to a new level 15 of the Daily Gift Shrine.
- Slight price reduction for the following camps in the Ingot Market: Onyx Lion, Frost, Chaos and Thunder Demons, Naran, Onmyōdō Disciple, and Sun Master.
- The XL War Point Idol and Grand Kami Idol previously in the Special Bundles, War League, and Elders Tournament will be available to win during weekend events.
- New Grand Kami Idol II and III were added to the Ingot Market.
- The Alchemist Labs are now permanent buildings available to purchase in the Onyx Market. The conversion rate remains the same.
- Level 3 unlocked for the Onyx Mine!
- A new permanent Diamond Mine is now available in the Onyx Market. It uses Jade as the conversion material.
- Upgrade time for buildings, variations, troops, and spells time reduced by 50% or to a max of 5 days.
- A 30-day carpenter is now available in the Onyx Market.
- Half-price permanent statues in the Onyx Market.
- Onyx Market camp strength boosted (applies to Common, Uncommon and Rare camps).
- Increase in Jade and Essence production rate of the Essence Well and Market.
- Duration of the carpenter in the Gift Shrine level 15 increased to 7 days.
- We're ramping up our Customer Support team during this time to help with any issues or concerns you may have. Please note, however, that we will only be able to provide support in English going forward.
Please see more details about the changes affecting the VIP Program here.
- Raise the Kami XP you can get in each battle so you can unlock new Kami Tree upgrades faster.
- Bring back the alliance cooldown for conquest wars in exchange for reducing the cooldown between conquest wars to 1 minute. We're doing this exchange in order to continue allowing for more opportunities to war while also promoting alliance cohesion.
- Currency payouts for conquest and classic wars will be raised +50%. This will be in effect on Monday, May 11th only to avoid an extra armistice this week (we will implement it during the weekend event).
Ingot wars will now last 3h instead of 6h and you will be able to declare classics in between them. This will be in effect on Monday, May 11th only, to avoid an extra armistice this week (we will implement it during the weekend event).
The Bomb Beetle Scroll will be available to train during Ingot Wars, while the Spirit Dragon Scroll will be available to train during the War Rush.
- Ghost villages now have slightly more jade and essence available to steal!
- An article with all important event/game information for the week will be posted in the Knowledge Base every Tuesday. It will be available for all players and it will substitute the VIP Newsletter going forward.
We'd love for you to join us in making this a celebration of our community and have a nice time in these last few months with us and your fellow Siegers, so if you have any suggestions for events or troops you'd like to see in-game do let us know by writing to Support! We'll do our best to incorporate them in the remainder of our time.
Q. How will this happen?
A. Samurai Siege will be removed from the store on July 27th, 2020. Please note that if you uninstall after this date you won't be able to download the game again.
We will close the servers on August 5th, 2020 and the game will no longer be accessible.
Q. Can I keep my village on my phone/tablet?
A. You will be able to play and enjoy events created for this farewell until August 5th, 2020. After this date, you won't be able to access the game once the servers are closed
Q. Can we host the game on our own private server?
A. There are no plans to allow the game to be played this way.
Q. Can you sell the game to us/another company?
A. There are no plans to sell the game.
Q. Are you planning to bring Samurai Siege back in the future?
A. There are no plans to bring Samurai Siege back after the closure of the servers.
Q. Are you making a sequel?
A. There are no plans for a sequel to Samurai Siege.
Q. What can I play now?
A. We have 2 other games in the Build and Battle genre that you can enjoy, these are: Rival Kingdoms and Transformers: Earth Wars
Q. I can't upgrade my Onyx mine to level 3?
A. In order for the upgrade button to appear, your Onyx mine should first finish the ongoing conversion.
Q. I can't upgrade my Daily Prize Shrine? Why I get a -800024 error?
A. In order to upgrade your Daily Prize Shrine, you have to have a free carpenter
Join the Space Ape Mailing List!
Sign up if you'd like to hear about public events, new games in the works, or even playtesting opportunities! We promise we will only send you emails when there are exciting new things to share.